JUXT, brought in a team of developers to work together with Agents' Mutual developers on this project. This enabled us to ramp up very quickly, but still have the benefit of a single on-site team. The web applications exceeded our expectations on functionality and time to market. JUXT led the development team through this period of incredible achievements. – Morgan Ross (Technical Director at Agents Mutual)
OnTheMarket.com is a major new online property portal advertising hundreds of thousands of new properties to the general public. The portal was launched with a high profile TV campaign in January 2015 and is now going from strength to strength.
In early 2014 JUXT was approached to lead the development of the website and supporting systems.
In just ten months the development team built and released:
- A world class public facing website.
- A robust and performant data processing pipeline to continually process 5000+ branch feeds via hundreds of different providers.
- A separate portal for estate agents to manage their property portfolio.
- An administrative system used by the front-line support team to quickly diagnose and help solve agent issues.
All of this was delivered:
- On dynamic and scalable infrastructure in the cloud.
- With a real-time diagnostic harness to test various aspects of the wider system at all stages of the continuous delivery pipeline; from development to production.
JUXT brought together a team of experienced Clojure developers to work alongside an internal development team. Juxtaposing ourselves next to the client, we drew upon our collective experience of past Clojure projects to provide sound architectural guidance and a productive development environment. We provided technical leadership and helped foster an organic developer led, self-organising culture.
As the platform was delivered using Clojure, it benefited from the simplicity inherent in working with immutable data structures and functional programming. Due to the choice of technologies involved and the culture fostered around a can-do developer attitude, the client is now able to attract some of the best developers available in the marketplace.
Halfway through the project JUXT conducted it's own review, which we call Delivery Assurance, involving the introduction of an additional senior member of JUXT staff to ensure that the project remained lean whilst scaling up to the various immovable project requirements. As a result we delivered a set of systems with minimal waste, meeting all of our functional and non-functional objectives.
In 2015 every part of the system was released on time and on budget.
Sign up to the JUXT newsletter